Wednesday, July 27, 2011

La tristesse durera toujours





A tattoo of two swallows represents freedom.

Swallows also represent a hardship survived, and the return home after a struggle.
I survived...and I am finally thriving after almost a year. It's still a daily work in progress like I've said before, but these last months have been beautiful.
It was finally time to get the tattoo I drew out back in December...I told myself that once I came back I would get it.
One is in honor of Chantz, and the other is for my precious little sister that I lost many years ago.

"La tristesse durera toujours" -Van Gogh
These were his dying words..translated to "the sadness will last forever." He is my favorite painter of all time and his story has had a huge impact on my life, it was only fitting to add it to my tattoo.
Yes, the sadness will last forever, but so will the memories, and most importantly, the love I have for these two beautiful beings.
If souls exist, I can only hope that the two have met already.
a very happy self


3 comments:

  1. So happy and proud of you Veronica, and that is a very beautiful tattoo.
    It just seems like you have this light that shines and is really bright by the way, you are kind to others and respect them. I see these wonderful traits and I say there is some hope for this world.
    Stay happy, you're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an uplifting comment, thank you for your words : ). I'm actually astounded to be honest, to me it seems that in this process I've become aware of what's really important in this life but that I've also become a more cynical individual. I'm going to live on this compliment for many months to come : )

    ReplyDelete