Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011

It comes in waves.
Unexpected currents that try to suck me in and take me back to a place long left behind.
I am stronger, I fight it, and I get better at keeping up with it instead of lagging behind.
It wears me out to the core of my bones.
I wonder if it'll ever transform into something that will stop gnawing at my spirit.
The reminders aren't in every little thing I come in contact with anymore, but when I am reminded of you it strikes me like lightning. It roots me to the very spot I may be in. For a moment I am not here; I am fully submerged in a memory that I'm not able to shake off for days at a time.

It comes in waves.

"It turns into something that you can crawl out from under and...carry around like a brick in your pocket. And you...you even forget it, for a while. But then you reach in for whatever reason and - there it is. Oh right, that. Which could be awful - not all the time. It's not that you like it exactly, but it's what you've got instead. So, you carry it around."

1 comment:

  1. As good as your last one, it is a pleasure to read your blogs. Can't wait to read your next one.

    ReplyDelete