Monday, September 12, 2011

"We will never forget" is a phrase I kept hearing or seeing over and over again yesterday. But I don't think that's necessarily true...people have forgotten, except on the anniversary. It's a phrase that's said by those who really don't understand the gravity of having lost loved ones on that day. An attempt to be patriotic...but it runs so much deeper than that. Individuals were lost. And those that lost them don't need a date to remind them of that day, and how their lives were forever changed through no action of their own. I'm pretty sure it's something they live with more than just once a year.

It made me realize that you will be forgotten as well. Thousands of people died that day, and the world has already forgotten. How can you stand a chance?

Our memories are the only thing we can hold on to..and even they are faulty...the memories eventually get so buried deep inside our mind that we forget things we swore we'd never forget. There's no way to even bring them back to the surface because we're not aware that it even happened.  
Will I forget your laughter?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chica, well written. I unfortunately or fortunately have a terrific memory, Sometimes my memory is a curse. I remember that day vividly. It was such a shock, almost unbelievable. But it was real. I was trying to recover from the recent loss of my girlfriend after her passing I was delving into Meth and staying spun most of the time. Yes even high I was remembering that horrific day. More added to loss and post traumatic stress of discovering my Girlfriend dying, and me not being able to help her. I have come to terms with my grief and my PTSD. Life is good to us in some way or another, I focus on what I currently have, I have so much, and everyone of them is priceless. I wouldn't trade it away for anything. I have the most wonderful friends who go out of their way to show caring.
    My family is what I was born into, some if not most are dysfunctional but I love them anyways. They care for me as much as I care for them, even in all their dysfunctionality. I look forward to more of your blogs. It is a real pick me up...

    ReplyDelete