Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday

2007 at Beach Camp

Birthday kids. For this birthday I got him a birthday card that sang "Bad To the Bone" because we were "just friends" at the time

2008
 Pool party at his house that his mom and I threw his as a surprise. The day before the party we ran into a friend's mom who gave it away. We decided not to tell his mom though. The day of his birthday I was in charge of distracting him so we went and bought a Cosmopolitan magazine and laughed at the stupid sex tips. One of them said "Say anything in his ear....anything." Then Chantz leaned in very slowly and whispered "Pickles, Pickles, Pickles." From that day on we would do that to each other randomly when we were out. It was one of our jokes..Hence why one of kitten's names is Pickles. That year I gave him a goodie bag with  Slash's autobiography (one of his favorite musicians), his first Bukowski book, his favorite candy, a music journal, some mix CD's, and a frame with my most favorite picture of us.

Double chocolate, with chocolate filling, and chocolate frosting cake. He loved it.

2009
That year I surprised him with dinner and a hotel room..yeah, yeah...we felt grown up hahah. I also got him two concert tickets to Metallica. He was so excited to see them live again. It was the last birthday I got to spend with him and it was really wonderful.

2010
Last year I was in Spain and this picture was taken on the 14th. It was also our friend Cruz's birthday so we took him out to celebrate Spain style. I wasn't able to be with Chantz, but I did what I could and sent him a box with different Spain things so he could have a little bit of Spain with him. I sent him an awesome Metallica lighter, Absinthe, 2 french beers that are very popular in Spain (Desperados), a switch blade from Toledo the City of Swords, and a letter. I know he didn't have the best of days and I felt awful for that;  I told him when I got back I would take him out to celebrate and that it would be wonderful. The thing is that we never got to do that.

Chantz wasn't big on birthdays, he always said that something always happened that ruined them so he just hated that day. I grew up in a home where birthdays were very special..I swear we pretty much got a birthday week from the treatment we got the week of our birthdays. My goal was to do that for him and I know these last couple of birthdays I tried my hardest to make him feel special, and loved.
You were loved. You ARE loved. Even today, something's going on in your honor. I hate the reason why this Benefit Concert's happening, but I love the purpose of it. I hope that this can at least help someone else, and it can help me in the process too.
Today is not just a holiday...it's your day, and you should be here..it's not okay that you're not. I miss you so much, but I'm trying to take that and do something that would make you proud.
I love you sweet boy, Happy Birthday to you, and I hope somewhere out there you know that you are still loved by so many.

I wonder who you'd be today <3

No comments:

Post a Comment